1. The applicant must be the son, daughter, step-child or foster child with legal guardianship, or an active, retired or deceased Letter Carrier.
2. The applicant's parent, if living, must be an eligible voting member of the TSALC with at least one year membership prior to making application. If deceased, applicant's parent must have been an eligible voting member with at least one year of membership prior to death.
3. The Applicant must be a high school senior when making application and must submit the attached forms to the TSALC Vice-President 1 Director of Education at the address indicated on this letter. The application must be signed by the applicant, the applicant's eligible parent or step-parent and the Branch Secretary or Treasurer of the NALC.
4. All applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and the American College Test (ACT) with applicant being responsible for the required fees of above named tests. It is recommended that the applicant test at the earliest possible date.
5. Applicants are judged on the basis of their secondary scholastic records, personal qualifications and the results of their SAT I ACT. To be eligible for full consideration of the scholarship award, the following must be submitted:
a. The Anne Jefferson / Doug Meador / T. T. Morris Memorial Scholarships application
b. The TSALC Scholarship questionnaire
c. SAT and ACT scores
d. Official certified school transcripts showing grade point average, rank in class and at least a portion of the grades for the senior year.
NOTE: You may also submit any reference letters from teachers, church leaders, employers, etc that may offer additional information for consideration. The deadline for submitting this information is June 1, 2018.
6. Three (3) $2,000 scholarships are awarded each year. The scholarships are good for one (1) year only.
The winners will be announced at the State Convention in odd-numbered years and by other means in even-numbered years.
7. The Scholarship Committee will consist of the TSALC President, Vice-President 1 Director of Education, Director of Retirees and the TSALC Auxiliary President.
8. The Scholarship recipients may attend an accredited college of their choice. Proof of acceptance must be provided to the TSALC Secretary by June 1, 2018. The award money is deposited with the college selected by the student to be credited to an account in their name to be drawn upon according to the rules and regulations as established by the college. The award may be used for all college fees including room and board.
9. If a Scholarship recipient decides not to attend college in the fall following graduation, the scholarship will be awarded to the first available alternate. If a recipient suffers a certified serious illness and is unable to attend as scheduled, the award will be held in abeyance for not more than one (1) year from the date originally scheduled. Send all completed forms and other information to:
2302 Kings Hiway
Wichita Falls, TX 76301